The Processing department is currently in a fundamental transformation process, introducing a completely new way of working and a new way of coaching and steering the teams. You are in the driver’s seat to implement and create the new business model.
- You are responsible for a fundamental organizational change that is new to FrieslandCampina as well as the dairy industry. It also applies as an example for other FrieslandCampina plants.
- You are part of the Plant Management Team and you will replace the plant director at his absence;
- You are able to think and act outside the established way of working and dare to challenge the existing situation/culture by ao using continuous improvement methods, supported by the CI department.
- You are a powerful leader and you are able to coach your team to be powerful leaders too;
- You are a fact based decision maker, without losing empathy;
- You will work with your team to foster a high-morale, high-performance and result-orientated environment;
- You will implement the short- and long term plant strategy into your operational plan (including time, quality, quantity and conversion costs);
- Achieve or exceed all goals on KPIs related to safety, quality, efficiency and continuous improvement
You are part of
Royal FrieslandCampina; we provide millions of consumers all over the world with dairy products containing valuable nutrients. With annual revenue of 11.3 billion euro, FrieslandCampina is one of the world’s six largest dairy companies. We own many strong brands that are considered iconic by the communities we operate in. Our products are being shipped to over 100 countries all over the globe. The company is still owned by a proud and strong cooperative of almost 20,000 farmers. Many of them have been members for generations. Our plant in Beilen is FrieslandCampina’s largest and most important production site, focusing mainly on the production of ingredients and finished products for infant nutrition
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master degree in Chemical Engineering, Technical Business, or a relevant technical education;
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant management experience in a comparable, dynamic and complex management role within the process industry (Chemical, energy) or food;
- Knowledge and experience with World Class Operations Management or similar continuous improvement methods (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.);
- Understand that success lies in execution: proven track record in improving complex (re)organizations in rapidly changing environments;
- Positive, inspiring and energetic personality with can-do mentality, proactive and persuasive;
- Highly effective communicator with the ability to constantly connect your team to a greater purpose as well as remove blocks to ensure their success;
- Experience in complex stakeholder management;
- Strong analytical skills and detail-orientation;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Your salary is based on the weighing of your job, your prior experience and your training. However, FrieslandCampina does not only compensate its employees with monetary rewards. We also consider it important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. That’s why we invest in relevant training courses in your particular discipline. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.