Core responsibilities of our Demand Planner Together with our DEMAND MANAGER you are the linking pin between Sales, Production & Planning. You will be responsible for accurate forecasting for an assigned part of the Global product portfolio of DMV.
- You play a key role in the S&OP process and will collect, translate and evaluate the received market data from internal (sales, marketing, finance, supply planning) and external (customer, market development) parties as input for the demand planning
- This means you will validate, analyze and challenge the forecast (baseline and uplift) in order to structurally improve the global demand plan
- This will include determining the key elements for statistical base line calculation and translate market information (B2B) into the demand plan for a horizon of 18 months
- Occasionally you will be invited by sales and marketing to visit key accounts
- You are the sparring partner for sales and marketing in order to challenge and validate the forecast
- As a Demand Planner you will monitor the performance and discuss the demand related KPI’s and follow-up actions on a monthly basis with sales, supply planning and finance
- Furthermore, you will monitor the realized performance compared to the formulated planning and set priorities or alter the plan accordingly through consultation
- If irregularities occur you will investigate with the sales department the trends and take corrective actions in agreement with related parties
- Furthermore, you observe and evaluate bottlenecks and identify opportunities and improvement actions in demand planning related processes, planning systematics, procedures and/or systems, and ensure implementation of improvements after approval as a key user for relevant tools
- You will provide support with determining safety stock through analyses and advice
- As a Demand Planner you will play a key role in further improving demand planning related processes, procedures and systems, and ensure implementation of improvement
- Next to that you will participate in assigned projects, which are supply chain/ cross functional related. You will report into the Demand Manager and are part of the commercial team of Sales Account Managers and Customer Service Officers.
To be a successful in this position, you are/have:
- A Master degree, preferably in the area of Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics etc.;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar role within the B2B Processing environment;
- Successful track record within S&OP and statistical forecasting;
- Knowledge of demand/supply planning systems (SAP-DP/ SNP and BW-reporting) is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills on all levels in Dutch and English;
The following competences are critical to succeed is this role: analytical, proactive, accurate, influential, believes in possibilities.
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it’s important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.