- Set up volume/margin reports for main product groups and analyse monthly results;
- Maintain and further develop our market price forecasting solutions
- Set up and update competitor overviews/landscapes;
- Contribute to projects such as portfolio optimization and contract management;
- Support the optimization of the price setting process and guidance;
- Conduct market and competitive intelligence analyses as needed to provide a holistic assessment to evaluate risks or opportunities impacting pricing strategies;
- Evaluate BG DE performance, identify & implement profit improvement initiatives and create tools for business partners to actively manage the profitability of their portfolio.
The unit SPMI has been established in January 2016 as a small expert staff department. SPMI is tasked with turning data into value, through determining the BG’s strategies, realizing its portfolio optimization and setting pricing policies for all the BG DE sales units. In doing so, SPMI serves all organizational levels and all decision-making time horizons. Working at SPMI offers tremendous challenges as most of the markets that BG DE serves rank among the most volatile in the food world. We have chosen to outperform our industry on the basis of superior knowledge and ultimately of prescriptive analytics. We need you to deliver and strengthen that knowledge.
In order to be successful in this position, we expect the candidate to have the following qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in a Quantitative Field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business, Finance, etc.) Master’s degree is preferred;
Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience in Data Science including:
Experience with fundamental statistical analysis tools and techniques; including intermediate to expert level proficiency at in at least one statistical language (like R or Python);
Experience with time series forecasting, business analytics and data mining. Working knowledge on techniques such as Regression, Clustering, Linear & Non Linear.
Experience on scripting, ETL design, SQL & MS Excel. Familiarity with database modelling and data warehousing principles
Experience with Machine Learning Techniques would be a plus.
Fluent in English, both written and spoken;
Drive: is result driven, enthusiastic and has a can do attitude with a continuous improvement mind-set;
Highly analytical and good commercial/business acumen;
Able to think conceptually and translate ideas into practical tools;
A genuine interest in pricing theory and willing to understand and develop pricing concepts;
Highly commercially sensitive and interested in margin management.
Compensation & Benefits
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina does not, however, only compensate its employees with monetary rewards. We also consider it important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. That is why we invest in relevant training courses in your particular discipline. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.