Technology- Improvement and innovation are key.
Our business is rife with technology, and our technologists are everywhere. The working field of our process-/food technologists is very various, because of many different issues and processes within our business groups. A technologist can for instance deal with trouble shooting by making analyses. In the event of unexplained disruptions, you use your knowledge and expertise to find and eliminate the root cause. Alternatively, you may be asked to assist in research into improvements (performance optimization, savings, and quality improvements), which you then implement and document. Or you help set up investment projects to create new production lines. You are the new standard setter.
- Completed Master’s degree, preferably in chemical technology or food technology or a completed study in a related field;
- Affinity with production and food technology;
- Work or internship experience in the field of technology is an advantage;
- Key competencies: analytical skills, enterprising spirit, creativeness, decisiveness, focus on deliverables, persuasiveness, leadership, teamwork skills, good communication skills at different levels;
- International focus and mobility;
- International internship/work or travel experience is an advantage;
- Less than two years’ work experience;
- Fluent in English.
Example of assignments
Corporate Support & Resources (Wageningen)
You will hold the position of process technologist. Together with the experts of R&D and Supply Chain, you will define the key components of the technology landscape and create comprehensive blueprints for a number of technologies that can be used in our process technology roadmaps.
You perform research in the field of membrane technology within the DOMO locations. Your challenge is to find ways of removing urea from water in order for the water to be drained or reused with a low risk of microbiological contamination.
Business group Ingredients (Ingredients Project & Technology Excellence Center (IPTEC))
As a technologist within this organization you work on large projects on different locations. You invent and assess the added value of (new) technologies or optimize the existing production processes with thorough analyzes. You use the input of multiple stakeholders to get a broader picture of the needs within the organization and you provide a conceptual design. You calculate what the savings of these concepts could be