The Global Dairy Development Department coordinates the Dairy Development Programme (DDP) of FrieslandCampina. The objective of DDP is to support farmers in targeted countries to get a better standard of living. This is achieved by helping farmers (mainly smallholders) to produce better and more milk and supporting them in finding a market for their milk.
The Global Dairy Development Department acts as a bridge and connects dairy farmers in DDP countries with Dutch dairy knowledge. The DDD is among others responsible for FrieslandCampina’s partnership with Agriterra through which FrieslandCampina deploys member farmers and employees for short-term assignments to dairy cooperatives in partner countries.
Core activities of the Global Dairy Development Department are:
- Organizing practical dairy trainings;
- Organizing expert missions to targeted countries in Asia and Africa;
- Setting up knowledge partnerships;
- Supporting the optimization of the dairy value chain from farm to factory;
- Organizing (Grass to Glass) dairy study tours to the Netherlands.
Learn more about how various employees of FrieslandCampina support small holder farmers in Asia and Africa in this story of Arjen Juurlink, HR Manager: click here!