FrieslandCampina is seeking an experienced (Sr.) Patent Searcher to provide assistance to the Patent Attorneys within our Intellectual Property Department (Research & Development). You need to have strong affinity with the IP aspects of patent searching and have great attention to detail on all assigned tasks. A good understanding of the basics of patent law (infringement, priority, novelty, inventive step, prior art, public availability), patenting procedures and opposition procedures (e.g. grounds for opposition) are necessary.
- To search, find, analyze and report relevant patent information (patentability, validity, and freedom to operate) and communicate your findings to the responsible Patent Attorney.
- You will also conduct information and landscaping searches and communicate your findings to the requestor who often is a member of the R&D community.
- To help maximize FrieslandCampina’s patent assets and preserve FrieslandCampina’s freedom to operate.
- You will also assist in setting up and improving existing patent alerts for the R&D community.
For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it’s not just about what we do, but who we are.
We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our 22,000 employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company. At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.
The IP department is located in FrieslandCampina’s Innovation Center in Wageningen, from where the entire company is serviced. At this moment, you will be one of two Patent Searchers in a team that is further composed of four Patent Attorneys, a Contract Manager, and two Formalities Officers. You will report directly to our Director Intellectual Property.
- BSc or MSc degree in the field of Food, Chemistry or Biology.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience as Patent Searcher.
- Experienced in using online search databases (both patent and literature) such as STN, Derwent Innovation, Questel, and legal status sources (Inpadoc, national and regional patent offices such as the EPO).
- Proficient in English and ideally able to read technical French and / or German texts.
- Strong reporting skills enabling you to lay down search results in concise search reports.
- Able to concentrate in an open office environment, persistent and able to make choices and take decisions fast.
- Service oriented and result driven and able to work independently.
- This position can be fulfilled for 32 or 38 hours a week.
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it’s important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.