In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Create new business opportunities & sustain current business
- Translate customer needs to technical solutions and internal development projects/applications;
- Detect (and respond to) new (technological related) business opportunities through customer interaction in cooperation with other functional disciplines for current product portfolio and new innovations / newly launched product (innovation process is out of scopeof TSS).
- Be the trusted partner of our customer. Using this relationship to gain insight in relevant developments at customers. Balance the interest of the customer and the business interest of FrieslandCampina
- Introduce and implement customer-related product modifications within market segments based on customer needs.
- Apply, advise and ensure knowledge sharing with respect to product application knowledge
- Provide first line technical support to sales and customers, of which providing technical/application knowhow to customers by giving demonstrations and giving answers on technical questions;
- Ensure technical knowledge sharing for distributors sales force, NPD via training, building database, manual and other relevant media.
- Give internal and external technical trainings at for example product introductions
- Impact value propositions
- Define and actively investigate market developments and consumer trends within the market segments and translate these into new concepts for its customers
- Contribute to the development of application-based value proposition, utilize expertise to provide input and advice on product specifications and price setting
- Market development investigation
- Contribute to creation of market knowledge. Share gained insights with internal stakeholders to convey a timely understanding of customer needs and feedback on market trends in close collaboration with marketing.
- Use of CRM to monitor and track progress
- Review tools, processes, and partners to continually improve
FrieslandCampina Ingredients (FCI) is a world-class, global leader in dairy and plant-based valueadded, healthy and functional ingredients and solutions. In close cooperation with customers and through the exchange of in-depth expertise, FCI helps customers to win in the market especially in the areas where nutrition matters most, such as for infants, elderly people, for delivering performance and medical nutrition. The business group serves the infant & toddler nutrition, medical nutrition, food, beverage, pharmaceutical and feed industries with natural, value-added ingredients and dedicated innovations. FCI is a global business with sales offices, dedicated ingredient research and production facilities around the world in the Netherlands, Germany, United States, Indonesia, China, Singapore, Japan, Brazil, Egypt, New Zealand and India.
To be a successful in this position, you are/have:
- Combination of content know-how (product/Ingredient/application know how) combined with a great commercial compass (i.e. business savviness, customer centric)
- MsC in relevant discipline, preferable in Food Technology or related field;
- Knowledge of final applications (relevant per segment) and the role of FC Ingredients in final applications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Influencing, result oriented, problem solving
- Skills to maintain internal and external (customer) relationships
- Ability to understand and adapt to cultural differences
- Ability to understand and accept different roles people have in the team (Marketing, Sales,TSS, R&D, QA)
- Basic sales- and account management skills
- Market and customer oriented
- Good analytical skills;
- Entrepreneurial, pragmatic, team worker;
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it’s important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.