R&D stands at the beginning of the technology chain, covering technology scouting and ideation, proof of principle, conceptual design and scale-up as well as support to operating companies.
As a senior researcher you participate in and/or lead R&D projects aiming at process innovation, performance improvement, quality improvement, savings and capacity increase.
You are a member of the R&D cluster Sustainability, Modelling & Control. Activities are spread over all FrieslandCampina business groups and will cover various product categories. This means that internally there is close cooperation with other R&D departments, with technology implementation groups and with production. Next to that you have a strong external focus to follow trends, scout for innovations and setup collaborations with research organizations and suppliers.
What we ask
· Academic degree in (bio-)chemical engineering, food technology, mechanical engineering (thermodynamics, fluid mechanics) or comparable
· 5-10 years of experience with modeling and process dynamics in chemical engineering or food technology, preferably in an industrial environment
· Experience with dynamic process simulation software, like gProms Modelbuilder, Aspen Custom Modeler or Mobatek Modeller
· Experience with computational fluid dynamics is an advantage
· Competences: analytical, pro-active, entrepreneurial, results oriented, team player
· Fluent in English, Dutch is an advantage
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it’s important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.