For the Operating Company Cheese B2B at our Business Group Dairy Essentials in Amersfoort, The Netherlands, we are looking for a driven:
Senior Product Manager
What will you do?
Your main focus is bringing the product management organization within the Operating Company Cheese B2B to the next level. You are responsible for the development and implementation of the product portfolio strategy and plans for the cheese market, based on solid analysis of product sales and profitability, customer and regulatory requirements, and production capability. As product manager you act as a communication channel between the supply chain organization and the commercial organization, and is working closely with the internal organization such as sales, operations, supply chain, quality control to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. You will manage the product life-cycle, adding new products to the product portfolio, managing changes to the existing portfolio, as well as for phasing out and delisting products. Your aim is to maintain a healthy product portfolio, to enable sales and profit growth in line with business strategy.
Your main task & responsibilities will be:
- Initiate, manage, participate and lead projects on tactical and strategic level, in a complex business environment;
- Developing and execution of the product portfolio strategy. End to end management of product lifecycle from concept introduction to phasing out of products;
- Maintain a healthy product-portfolio that matches customer needs, in a changing external business environment and internal FrieslandCampina environment
- Ensure that products in portfolio meet volume, sales and profitability targets. Ensure that product documentation and packaging meet customer and regulatory requirements;
- Determine product specifications in close co-operation with QA and Operations, product packaging solutions and (commercial) description. Ensure that the corresponding procedures are well embedded in the work processes;
- Drive the implementation of projects for new product development or product, specification or process change. Initiator, coordinator and supervisor of the product development and launches of new product (commercial steering of the R&D team);
- Translate product characteristics and customer functionalities into commercial selling tools.
- Decide about the addition of new SKU’s and proposes/advices on investment decisions to enable the targeted portfolio growth;
- Guidance towards sales in their effort towards the most optimal and profitable sales mix; training of sales teams in the specifics of the product portfolio;
- Support resolution of issues with product quality, availability or performance. Participate as team member in significant or complex supply chain and operations projects that have a commercial impact.
All 23.769 employees at FrieslandCampina share a single passion: getting more out of milk and aim to help people move forward in life. With our brands – over 30 – we reach millions of people in more than 100 countries. FrieslandCampina consists of a number of business groups and operating companies with offices all around the world. The head office is located in Amersfoort, the Netherlands.
Who are we looking for?
This can be the perfect job for you if you if you like a challenge and want to work in an ambitious team.
The person we are looking for has the following competences:
- Business acumen and commercially aware;
- Pro-active, driven, motivated and self-propelling;
- Self-starting and organizing skills, able to further set up product management organization;
- Strong stakeholder management, natural “bridge-builder” between teams and easy to approach
- Planning and organization, keeps overview and control;
- Flexible, being able to switch between helicopter view and critical details;
- Analytical, sees the essentials and has a systematic approach;
- Quantitative skills, capable of working with financial data;
- Strategical & tactical, and able to translate this to operational work;
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written in English and Dutch.
Next to that you have the following requirements:
- Master degree, academic thinking and working level;
- 8 to 10 years’ working experience, in depth knowledge of the food industry supply chains preferred;
- Expertise & knowledge of product management in an international B2B environment;
- Knowledge of the B2B cheese market (for example gouda / mozzarella), is preferred but not essential;
- Proven technical understanding of ingredients performance in food applications.
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina does not however only compensate its employees with monetary rewards. We also consider it important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. That’s why we invest in relevant training courses in your particular discipline. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.
Official applications are only possible via the website.