Do you have an educational background in Food Physics or Chemical Engineering and are you interested in further expanding your career around colloid technology for milk, yoghurt, quark and other dairy products? Furthermore do you have practical experience with emulsification and do you understand the rheology of a complex product? Then we would like to hear from you.
We are now looking for a Senior Colloid Technologist with experience in food processing to strengthen the global process technology department at the FrieslandCampina Innovation Centre in Wageningen.
As a Senior Colloid Technologist you will execute, initiate and/or manage projects aiming at:
- Think conceptually and oversee full production lines from milk to end product
- Grasp product-process interactions in key technologies like emulsification and translate them into more fundamental principles and relations
- Develop new, innovative processes and processes for new products
- Optimize current processes
- Transfer knowledge to Supply Chain
Up and down scaling will be an important part of your work, meaning that we are looking for candidates who have affinity with modelling, experimenting as well as acting in a production environment.
Within the department Global Process Technology you are a member of the cluster Preservation and Colloid Technology. You will participate in and lead multiple projects for all FrieslandCampina business groups. This means your work will cover all product categories like milk, yoghurt, quark, desserts, cheese, milk powder etc..
Internally there is close cooperation with other R&D departments, with technology implementation groups and with production.
- Academic degree in food/bio technology or chemical engineering, with a strong background in food physics.
- Additional PDEng or PhD – with a practical nature – is an advantage.
- At least 5-10 years of relevant experience in a process technology role in the food industry.
- Experience in the dairy industry, is a strong advantage.
- Affinity with modelling.
- Competences: analytical, decisive, pro-active, entrepreneurial, results oriented, team player, hands-on.
Fluent in English; Dutch & German are an advantage.
If you have any further questions about the above-mentioned position, or you would simply like to know more about FrieslandCampina, please do not hesitate to contact Liesbeth Stoopen, Technology Manager Preservation, and Colloid Technology, R&D Global Process Technology, tel. +31(0)683647698