In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Joint responsibility for planning, designing, and preparation of experiments.
- Executes experiments, interprets results, documents results in experimental reports, and discusses these with the project leader.
- Assists other technicians within their experiments, and by performing general laboratory tasks.
- Advises project managers, researchers, and colleagues based on professional expertise.
- Responsible for good functioning of laboratory equipment.
- Sets up methodologies and techniques in the area of expertise. Gives input for new ways of working
- Keeps up with relevant developments in own area of expertise, exchanges knowledge with other professionals
For thousands of people every day, we are more than just a dairy company. To our farmers, our employees, the communities we serve, the businesses we work with and the people to whom we bring happiness, FrieslandCampina means something more. For them it’s not just about what we do, but who we are.
We value talented people from any background who want to contribute to something bigger than themselves. We encourage all of our 22,000 employees to make decisions that benefit our entire company. At FrieslandCampina we own our own career and act accordingly. We trust you to make a difference in your job and influence the bigger picture. Working at FrieslandCampina means you are contributing to a better world.
FrieslandCampina Research delivers the technological foundations for the development of innovative products and processes within FrieslandCampina. It is located in Wageningen, the Netherlands and consists of four different research groups. The research group Nutritional Sciences focusses on substantiation of the impact of dairy and digestion on health. The enthusiastic and dedicated Laboratory team of the Nutritional Sciences department, currently consisting of 11 laboratory analysts, greatly contributes by delivering data and techniques needed for substantiation of the benefits of dairy.
To be a successful in this position, you are/have:
- Bachelor degree (HBO), preferably cell biology or life science
- Work experience in a (business) research environment as technician or technical assistant
- Experience in cell culturing and related analyses
- Good communication skills, oral and written (good command of English language)
- Team player with a hands-on attitude, with the following key competences: accurate, responsible, dedicated, flexible, result-oriented, structured, analytical
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it’s important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.