You will be responsible for leading the development of the technical part of a new B2B concept (machine + product) based on the market insights and product briefs.
60% of the time: You will lead a team of multidisciplinary specialists to design new products and a system to deliver it. Your team consists of internal specialists and external parties, such as suppliers and knowledge centres.
As the technical project manager you will be responsible for planning and organising the project, resources and processes to deliver results for your respective workstream within already agreed challenging timeframes.
This role involves both directing and supporting the team with the product- packaging- and machine design, as well as related analytical work, QA- and hygiene- validations and trial production-related matters.
40% of the time: Part of the role is to ensure integration of Packaging/Product/machine Technologies into a money making system. You will be the one overseeing and guiding the technical and conceptual choices made by the team and understanding the consumer and financial impact of the choices to ensure a great overall business case. The role also includes not only managing resources, budgets and capabilities but also the ability to challenge the experts in their fields to ensure to deliver an outstanding overall concept.
As the startup will evolve from Development to implementation this role would evolve both in complexity and responsibility ending up with the full technical responsibility for the complete system, design and scale-up of the start-up, both for the solution under development, improvements and further innovations.
- Degree in engineering, with experience in machine/equipment development
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Experience in dairy food technology or similar
- 10 years of product innovation experience, preferably in a broader field than dairy
- Experience in lean start-up or agile project management is pro
- Team player with strong dedication to succeed together is the key requirement
- Not afraid to take responsibility.
- “Can-do” and “why-not-this” mentality: entrepreneurial, flexible and open mind-set
- Very good business and technological conceptual sense, understand how to integrate product/pack/machine technology to achieve the P&L goal
- Thinks about the ‘how’, makes things real, challenges to the max, builds, designs
- Strong in building and acting within constant unclarity and shifts of a paradigm
- Gets energy from building new concepts and generates ideas
- Strong focus towards the business goal, flexible on how to achieve it
Do you recognize yourself in one of the following roles?
If you are interested please send your CV or any questions to Hestia Jonker