As Product Developer, you support the maintenance of the current product portfolio and develop complete new products from concept to production start-up. You work in a multidisciplinary team and have regular contact with Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Procurement and Research. You continuously monitor technical feasibility, planning and costs and you advice and support internal and external parties on product topics.
You will be responsible to:
- Provide technical input to the product concept and brief in close collaboration with the Marketing team.
- Lead projects as project manager for technical or product innovations/optimization
- Develop product prototypes on lab/pilot scale according to Nutritional, Sensory, Production, Quality and Legal requirements.
- Screen, select and brief ingredient suppliers together with the Procurement team.
- Execute product development/optimization projects (short term) such as handling customer requests
- Generate technical product specifications.
- Give pro-active advice to implement product optimization;
- Advise production in relation to troubleshooting and QA-issues.
To be successful in this position, you are/have:
- Master degree in Industrial Engineering or Bio-engineering
- 3 years of work experience in product development (emulsion and dairy technology are a plus)
- Experience in Project Management
- Positive thinker with a hands-on ‘can do’ attitude.
- Organised & highly committed.
- Flexible , pro-active and willing to adapt
- Excellent communication and social skills.
- Fluent in English
- Able and willing to travel across Europe
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it’s important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.