What will your job look like?
Our BI teams and data scientists deliver high-quality analytical models and dashboards to enable descriptive and diagnostic capabilities, focusing our efforts on improving predictive and forecasting abilities across all business groups.
Being the “Data Lake” team, based in the Netherlands and Malaysia, we are there to support these analytical efforts and products on a global level. We work closely with each other, regardless the location.
We speak the same language of Python, SQL, or whatever meets the need. Together we are building a state-of-the-art AWS-based data landscape, consisting of a data lake and high performance data-warehouse, using largely AWS standard services (S3, Redshift, CloudWatch,etc.).
Your role in the team
In your capacity as Data Architect, you have a big responsibility: you lead the Data Modeling Chapter, defining and improving data modeling standards that will ensure that our data marts deliver the right data to the right consumer through consistently high-performing data marts. You ensure that the data modelers in the agile BI teams deploy only code that meets your standards, through structural quality assurance. Next to this, you are the architect for our Data Catalog, which you will develop in continuous dialogue with the various data owners, data consumers and data stewards.
To succeed in this role, you should have a solid foundational understanding of data modeling / architecting, from both business, as well as technical angles. You are not phased by data warehousing techniques like Data Vault, you have strong views on how to manage e.g. slowly changing dimensions and you have no problems in voicing the pros and cons of deciding to use third normal form normalization vs. e.g. 2NF. At the same time, you can make an easy transition to conversing with a business counterpart who needs help in bringing the right structure and definitions to their data in order to make it usable for a variety of analytical use cases.
Here are some of the skills we will expect from you:
- Certified data warehouse expert or similar
- Proven experience with development of conceptual data models, ideally in a consultancy or similar setting, in which you were personally in the lead
- Experience with AWS S3 and AWS Redshift is highly preferred – delivering scalable performance is key!
- FMCG industry experience is highly preferred
As an international company, our primary business language is English and we often work with remote teams. Bringing in excellent communication skills and good cultural awareness will accelerate your success!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexibility at work (yes you can work from home too)
- 25 days holidays plus 1 extra free day of every four working week
- Free cheese and milk at lunch
- Learning opportunities (on job training, conferences, training certifications when they add value to your professional growth
- A team of talented and passionate data enthusiasts as sparring partners