FrieslandCampina Applicant Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement explains why and how FrieslandCampina collects, uses and secures your personal information as a job applicant.
What Personal Information do we use from you?
Personal Information is information that tells us something about you or that connects us to you as a person. You share Personal Information with us when you apply for a job at FrieslandCampina. Examples of Personal Information are name, (email) address, phone number and CV.
Why do we use Personal Information?
We will use your personal information for several purposes:
- Contacting you about your application or future vacancies
- The application selection process
- Contracting and onboarding
- Analytics and internal reporting on a aggregated level
Where do we collect your Personal Information?
Your Personal Information is collected on our career website and will be stored in a secured database. We also collect your personal information when interacting with you and when you take part in an assessment test.
Do you need to give consent to use your Personal Information?
No, the legal basis for using your personal information is FrieslandCampina’s legitimate interest to search for, and hire, new employees.
Who has access to your Personal Information?
Only authorized FrieslandCampina personnel involved in the application process has access to your Personal Information. Examples are the Hiring Manager, HR Manager and the recruiter.
FrieslandCampina will not make your information available to parties outside FrieslandCampina unless these parties are instructed by us and adequately protect your information. FrieslandCampina uses software from a third party supplier for the application selection process. We may disclose personal information to supervisory bodies, fiscal authorities and/or investigating authorities if FrieslandCampina is required to do so by law.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
FrieslandCampina is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We have taken several security measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
There are multiple ways how FrieslandCampina protects your Personal Information:
- We delete or anonymize all Personal Information which we no longer need.
- FrieslandCampina has an information security framework and policies in place to protect your Personal Information from being misused, altered or disclosed to unauthorized persons.
- Only specially authorized staff will be allowed to process your Personal Information and they are obliged to treat them confidential.
- We only provide your data to third parties if we have a written contract with them. This contract contains clauses protecting your information. We also might share your information with third parties if we are obliged to do so by law.
How long does FrieslandCampina store your Personal Information?
FrieslandCampina stores your personal information as long as necessary for the application process, with a maximum of 4 weeks after the process is completed. When applying you can agree that we keep your information for an additional 12 months to receive information about new vacancies.
How does FrieslandCampina store your Personal Information?
We carefully select the location and equipment for storing your information. We may transfer your information across your domestic borders, but we will only store your information in countries recognized with an adequate level of data protection.
How do you know which Personal Information FrieslandCampina contains from you?
Upon request we will provide you with an overview of your personal information. If the information proofs to be inaccurate or in case it appears to be stored in violation of data protection law, we will correct or delete it. We may decline requests that are unreasonable or may jeopardize the privacy of others. We may also decline requests for which access is not required by local law. You can request access, correction, or deletion by sending an email to email@example.com.
How does the recruitment process in general look like?
We strive to recruit the best talents out of our markets via a thorough and candidate oriented process. The entire process is as follows:
- Our recruitment/HR teams advertise our external vacancy on our global career site www.careersatfrieslandcampina.com. These vacancies are also visible on other channels like social media or job boards.
- Candidates can apply on these channels and will follow the application process on our global career site. As a candidate you will receive a confirmation via email of your application.
- Our (local) recruitment/HR department will receive the application and will do the CV screening
- If your profile is a good match, you will be invited for an interview. This interview will take place with a recruiter / HR employee and optional with the hiring manager.
- The interview will be evaluated and if the outcome is positive, you will be invited for an (online) assessment. The outcome of your assessment will be discussed with you by Recruitment / HR.
- When you pass the (online) assessment, a second interview will be held with other relevant stakeholders like a direct colleague or a management team member
- When everyone is positive you will receive a job offer via email. Recruitment / HR will walk with you through the offer
- If you accept the offer, your contract will be made and send to you
- Day 1: you start!
As a company we strive for professional processes as described above. Integrity, candidate friendly, speed and thoroughness are key values for us. We can not take responsibility for actions of non-FrieslandCampina related people or organizations who approach candidates in (local) labor markets.
What cookies do we use?
- Essential cookies: these cookies are essential to the functioning of our websites and apps.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies remember your preferences for a website, such as language preference.
- Performance cookies: these cookies capture website and app usage information on an abstract level and are used to provide analytics and metrics such as the number of visitors and which pages are most frequently accessed. These cookies include Google Analytics.
- Targeting or Advertising cookies: these cookies are used to collect information about browser habits and can be used to customize advertising and marketing. These cookies are – most of the time – third party cookies, such as the Wonderkind cookie and Facebook Connect. If you consent to the use of such cookies, your browsing behavior will be shared with our cookie providers. Their privacy and cookie statements also apply.
How do you reject or delete cookies?
- If required by law, we will ask your consent before using cookies. It is up to you to accept or decline.
- You can also choose to reject or block the cookies set by FrieslandCampina or the websites of any third party suppliers by changing your browser settings. More information may be found in the help function of your browser.
- You can opt-out from our Google Analytics cookies by installing this Add-on by Google in your browser: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=nl.
- You can opt-out from personalized online advertisements served by several companies, including those whose third party cookies we use, by visiting youronlinechoices.com.
Who can be contacted if I have questions, concerns or complaints?
FrieslandCampina is responsible for protecting your Personal Information. When you have any questions, concerns or complaints about the use of your Personal Information you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not satisfied with the response of FrieslandCampina and local law provides you with this opportunity, you may lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on November 1st 2018.