All 22.000 employees at FrieslandCampina share a single passion: getting more out of milk and help people move forward in life. With our brands – over 30 – we reach millions of people in more than 100 countries. FrieslandCampina consists of a number of business groups and operating companies with offices all around the world. The central office is located in Amersfoort, the Netherlands.
Our key business is to turn milk into ingredients that are used in many (dairy) products. The business group Ingredients has a strong focus on Infant Milk Formula, sports nutrition and specialized medical nutrition. The project organisation of Ingredients is responsible for the turn-key delivery of about 40-50 active projects in parallel per year. The total annual investment of these projects are about 200-250 M€ and the total Estimate At Completion (EAC) is around 800-900 M€. The projects are executed at 13 different locations, spread over the Netherlands, but also in other European countries, Asia and the US.
Within the project organisation we are looking for a Cost Estimator.
The Cost Estimator is mainly acting in the early stages of the projects up to the final investment decision at the end of the creation phase.
This can be during very early stages where high level Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates are required to load into the overall portfolio or during engineering stages where more detailed and reliable estimates are required to obtain final investment approval. His/her expertise is also called upon during project execution to compare the latest forecasts with the agreed budgets and to help the project teams in understanding deviations from the agreed baseline.
Your responsibilites are:
- Capex Cost estimation of FC investment projects from Long term investment plans up to and including basic engineering phase;
- Validation of investment estimates and defining accuracy level;
- Risk identification and definition of contingency;
- Counter calculation of extra works defined by contractors;
- Support in decision making concerning cost-aspects;
- Set up and maintaining cost database;
- Post calculation and identification for improvement;
- Benchmarking system of projects within FrieslandCampina and External benchmarking.
To be a successful Costs Estimator within FrieslandCampina within Ingredients you have:
- A strong background in engineering;
- At least 5 years of experience in a relevant estimating function within Food, Pharma Oil&Gas;
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English
You have a strong wish to improve the quality of the companies Capex estimates and you are happy to spend time with the teams to educate the members in estimating techniques and the use of benchmarks. Gathering, normalizing, analyzing and storing historical data is also part of your responsibilities. It may well happen that once the final investment decision has been taken to execute the project, you will be asked to join the team once more and help with setting up the control budget and later on in judging the potential changes / deviations and to help in forecasting the estimated cost at completion. You are a specialist who likes to work in a project oriented environment
At FrieslandCampina, we consider it important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. That’s why we invest in relevant training courses in your particular discipline. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.