A key responsibility of any leader in FrieslandCampina is to identify, grow, and also stretch talent. To do this really well requires a Nourishing Leadership mindset: a mindset of continuous learning & development as an accelerator for achieving business results. Our general managers possess a high level of conceptual and strategic thinking. They are able to assess and decode the situation, identify strengths and weaknesses. Hence, contribute to shaping the future.
The core activities of the General Management team are:
- Develop and execute the strategy for the responsible organizational unit
- Manage and coach the team by demonstrating authority, finding balance in a highly volatile environment and acting agile
- Put team members in their role, provide a clear way through the strategy and empower others while at the same time be specific on expectations
- Work closely with others while leading without formal authority
- Lead changes for the responsible business and organizational unit
Nourishing Leadership is FrieslandCampina’s leadership brand. Have a look at this video where our senior managers explain what Nourishing Leadership is about: