FrieslandCampina has a strong position in dairy processing to create value out of milk. The Process Technology group within the Innovation Center in Wageningen innovates new, more sustainable, and more efficient processes to be able to keep up its competitiveness in supplying better nutrition for the world. In this innovation process different concepts need to be evaluated on their feasibility, technically, environmental responsibly as well as economically. For that we are looking for a person who has experience in this area of expertise and who has a broad experience with different unit operations within food processing. Also, this person will play an important role in maintaining the quality of our innovation work to the highest level. Will you join our team? As a Sr. Process Concept Engineer your duties and responsibilities amongst others will be:
- Formulation of development concepts for new process developments and major modifications, determining the optimum commercial / business solution.
- Be the expert in initial stages of development and identify, screen and develop alternative development options.
- Identify development uncertainties / risks, including the application of sustainable development & SHE assessments.
- Economic screening calculations and modeling of identified concepts, in co-operation with the project team.
- Support the Process Technology team to stick to their high-quality standards and standard way of working, including a standardized technology transfer to the Engineering and or Supply Chain departments.
- Willingness to travel (inter)national to production sites, suppliers and partners.
- A Master of Science degree in chemical engineering, (bio) process engineering or food technology.
- >5 years’ experience in industrial process engineering.
- >3 years of established experience in ceramic membrane filtration in liquid applications is a must.
- A broad knowledge base in (dairy) processing units, such as membrane separations, chromatography, solid-liquid separation, crystallization, evaporation, drying, heat treatment, colloid technology, etc.
- Experienced in modeling (separation) processes.
- Experience in economical process evaluations.
- Experience in dairy processing is a pre.
- Entrepreneurial and open attitude.
- Excellent Communication skills in Dutch and English.
- A team player with a talent for keeping things in perspective and structured, key competences: results oriented, decisiveness and organizational sensitivity.