- Represent the company in a highly professional manner to both key customers and prospective accounts.
- Manage current RFC relationship and sales to customers within the market.
- Commercial responsibility to deliver agreed sales targets for the business.
- Identify and on-board opportunities with customers & prospects where RFC can offer value added solutions.
- Work closely with cross-functional RFC technical, commercial and operational personnel to progress key identified opportunities.
- Take the lead in working closely with the Customer Management Officer and Order Fulfilment Officer to deliver “Worry Free Service” and continuous improvement of the service experience. This requires building segment and customer knowledge, developing initiatives and plans with the team.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the products/capabilities offered by RFC to the sector.
- Develop an understanding of RFC’s competitors, their products and key market drivers.
- Report clear and concise business information to management within deadlines on current and prospective customers, competitors and trends in the designated market segment(s) .
- Regular updates to the SalesForce CRM system of opportunities, competitive information, visit reports, market mapping, etc.
- Adhering to “Blue-sheet” principles, define an account plan including relationship management and budget in line with other relevant commercial plans. Update regularly based on (team) analysis or trends and developments.
- Prepare and submit periodical reports per defined formats & procedures
- Prepare proposals for contracts, lead and/or participate and/or support negotiations, including defining the negotiation strategy.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Operate in a highly ethical manner internally & externally and in full alignment with the FrieslandCampina “Compass” way of working.
- 7-10 years’ field sales experience in ingredients for nutrition or food applications; with knowledge of dairy proteins & ingredients strongly preferred.
- Effective track record with Key account sales management and planning.
- Effective prior experience and genuine comfort with working in a network operating model involving many interactions with multiple (internal) business teams in different global locations, requiring diplomacy, negotiation and persuasion.
- Preferably in the specific market segments strategic to FrieslandCampina’s North America’s business: Infant Nutrition, Beverages, Dairy, Snacks and others.
- Knowledge of the major trends impacting the food industry such as health & wellness, organic, sustainability, etc.
- Knowledge of consumer goods product development process strongly preferred. Prior working experience as product developer would be a big plus.
- Established network/relationships with the target customer base.
- Excellent communication skills are critical to success of this role. Written, oral, listening and presentation.
- Project competency and positive/can-do energy.
- Experience with key account management practices.
- Entrepreneurial attitude be willing to invest extra effort to build new business.
- Self–starter. Ability to work effectively with a low level of direct supervision/support.
- Planning and organization skills including professional attention to detail and follow up.
- Ability to understand and translate ingredient portfolio features to targeted customer value propositions
- Demonstrated ability to open new accounts
- Ability to interact and communicate well with all functions at the customer such as procurement, management, , operations, R & D, marketing, regulatory and quality.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel at least 50% in region. Approximately 1-2 trips to the Netherlands corporate offices per year based on needs
- Good computer and social media skills, competency with MS Office suite and CRM systems (Salesforce)
Qualifications: 4 year degree: Food Science & Technology, Business Administration or equivalent. 7-10 year account management experience.
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina Ingredients North America, Inc. offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it’s important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.
FrieslandCampina endeavors to make careersatfrieslandcampina.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application, contact FCINAHR@frieslandcampina.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only.
FrieslandCampina Ingredients North America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Below is our EEO Policy Statement. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Friesland Campina Ingredients North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants In addition to federal law requirements, FCINA, complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities within the United States. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FreislandCampina Ingredients North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of FCINA’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
** Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) **