Purpose of the function
For this medium size company in the B-2-B beverage industry, with a beautiful history, we are looking for a team lead/ Manager Procurement. The Manager Procurement is responsible for developing- and executing a strategic procurement plan and organizing the procurement department. At the moment the team consists of two part-time Purchasing Managers. In the past the main spend-category; dairy & dairy ingredients were sourced from- and organized by FrieslandCampina. The job scope includes supporting the USA supply points with sourcing kpi’s, guidelines and agreements. You will identify and select suppliers and organize contingency. You will identify and realize opportunities to realize spend reduction.
You will work together with colleagues from Innovation, R&D, QA, Supply Chain and Sales in order to understand business requirements and identify value creation opportunities. Together with the team, you will manage tenders and organize long-term supply agreements. Because of the strategic importance of the role, you will report to the CEO.
- You are responsible for developing a procurement strategy and action plans
- You will negotiate and manage new supplier contracts for direct and indirect spend, CAPEX investments and all sorts of services
- You are responsible for KPI setting and achievement, including supplier programs
- You will monitor market price developments closely for the main commodities
- You further develop the Department into an efficient and effective organization, with clear practices and kpi’s
- You advise the management and USA stakeholders on the design of and organization of strategic- and the tactical purchasing policies, -procedures and -processes
- You will implement (framework) agreements, you monitor the progress, communication and application of the procurement policy for tenders, relevant quotations and contract renewals and as team player support own team and the internal organization where necessary.
- You can manage and connect the internal stakeholders
- HBO/WO degree
- Experience in procurement/purchasing function within the food & Beverages industry
- At least 5-8 years of managerial experience
- Strong personality, is analytical, result-oriented; capable of setting and has proven to achieve value creation targets in the past
- Can-do, down-to-earth mentality, is hands-on and able to both see the strategic picture and is willing to manage and conduct detailed activities
- Great communicator with humor and is building interpersonal bridges
- Team Player that is good in creating connection
- Fluent in English and Dutch
What do you get in return?
- A pivotal job in a growing organization
- Collaborating with passionate and ambitious colleagues
- Beautiful growth opportunities to develop yourself further within the (international) organization with multiple stakeholders
- Good primary and secondary working conditions
Information via Annemarie Lina, email: Annemarie.email@example.com