R&D stands at the beginning of the technology chain, covering technology scouting and ideation, proof of principle, conceptual design and scale-up as well as support to operating companies.
As a jr. process modelling researcher you participate in and/or lead R&D and Supply Chain projects aiming at process innovation, performance improvement, quality improvement, savings and capacity increase.
You are a member of the R&D cluster Process Development excellence and Modelling. Activities are spread over all FrieslandCampina business groups and will cover various product categories. This means that internally there is close cooperation with other R&D departments, with technology implementation groups and with production. Next to that you have a strong external focus to follow trends, scout for innovations and setup collaborations with research organizations and suppliers. It is imperative that bthe candidate also bridges the gap between research and Development & Implementation, through connection and participating in such projects.
- Academic degree in (bio-)chemical engineering, food technology, mechanical engineering (thermodynamics, fluid mechanics) or comparable
- At least 1-3 years of experience with modeling and process development, preferably in an industrial environment.
- Experience with process control, in-line sensing and statistical analysis of multivariate datasets is an advantage
- Competences: analytical, pro-active, entrepreneurial, results oriented, team player
- Fluent in English, Dutch is an advantage