All 20,000 employees at FrieslandCampina share a single passion: Nourishing by Nature. With our brands – over 30 – we reach millions of people in more than 100 countries. FrieslandCampina consists of a number of business groups and operating companies with offices all around the world. The head office is located in Amersfoort, the Netherlands. The development team for Prepared Beverages, part of our Consumer Dairy business group, is located in Wageningen (The Netherlands).
As a Product Developer you are responsible for New Product Development and the further development of our existing product portfolio, consisting of e.g. flavoured milk and drinking yogurts.
The work is organized in multi-disciplinary projects for the Business to Consumer market for our own brands like Campina, Optimel and Vifit as well as for private label brands. You will work closely together with Marketing, Supply Chain, QA, Procurement and other R&D departments.
Activities include lab testing, pilot plant trials and finally scaling up to full production, while keeping in mind the product requirements like nutritional values, compliance to claims, shelf life stability, cost price and organoleptic properties.
You will also be consulted by other disciplines for advice on our products and processes.
What we’re looking for:
- A Master degree, preferably in the area of food technology, food processing, dairy technology, physical-chemistry or alike;
- Relevant product development and/or analytical experience in a food company, ideally in dairy;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) on all levels in English;
- The following key competences: analytical, quality and result driven, proactive, punctual, entrepreneurial, ability to engage others, decisive, well organized, team player;
- Knowledge of, and experience with project management;
- Willingness to travel to and work at various production locations in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium