To strengthen our Client IT organization for Business Group Dairy Essentials, FrieslandCampina seeks an experienced, hands-on Data Engineer for our Centre of Excellence on Predictive Analytics. As a Data Engineer you will act as the linking pin between the enterprise global data platform team and the predictive analytics team, being responsible for design, development and expansion of data assets that support machine learning, AI initiatives & reporting. You will be instrumental in enabling digital transformation in the company by building data pipelines that make data accessible for Machine Learning and AI initiatives, while also designing and building scalable solutions that output the results of these initiatives for business use.
As part of your role, you will be working in partnership with data scientists to understand use cases, data needs and objectives in order to reengineer legacy technology or manual approaches and build new solutions. You will be instrumental in automating and productionizing data science models, having the opportunity to grow a data science DevOps team for continuous improvement. To be set-up for success you should have prior experience with data architecture, ETL concepts and business data modeling, being able to make connections between events in the business and the effects of those in the data.
- Follow established Data Architecture Framework and Guidelines for the design, development, management, storage, access, navigation, movement, transformation and quality of corporate data assets
- Design and develop data pipelines for business data, with a focus on reliability and efficiency
- Create and maintain optimized data models to store structured and unstructured company data
- Convert data product prototypes to data products
- Collaborate with data scientists, IT professionals, and business representatives on analytical projects in different disciplines
To be a successful in this position, you are/have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as computer engineering, data engineering (or equivalent work experience). Graduate degree in IT or engineering or relevant discipline preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience building data products, data pipelines and data modeling
- Experience and proficiency in SQL and ETL/Modeling concepts such as normalization, staging, types of data models (conceptual, logical, physical)
- Familiar with Data Warehouse Design concepts – Datavault, Kimball, Inmon
- Familiar with deployment and provisioning automation tools e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, CI/CD
- Basic Data Base Administration knowledge
- Experience with data science, modern technologies and cloud data warehouses such as Apache Airflow, AWS, S3/Redshift/Lambda/Glue is a plus
- You are fluent in English and can explain your work to a non-technical audience.
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it’s important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.
- Competitive Salary including holiday allowance and year end allowance of 3%.
- Secondary benefits: Pension, health insurance, etc.
- Annual bonus program of 10%.
- Access to training budget.
- Commuting allowance.