FrieslandCampina is one of the world’s five largest dairy companies. FrieslandCampina supplies consumer products such as dairy-based beverages, infant & toddler nutrition, cheese and desserts in many European countries and in Asia and Africa. Products such as cream and butter are also supplied to professional customers including bakeries and food-service companies. FrieslandCampina also produces ingredients and half-finished products for manufacturers of infant & toddler nutrition, the food industry and the pharmaceutical sector around the world.
We are looking for a person to lead one of the clusters. He or she has a background in Technology and needs to have established a senior know-how base and affinity with the experts in the team.
As such, at least one of the following capabilities must be present in the profile and experience of the candidate:
1) Water removal techniques such as spray drying including powder processing and/or evaporation
2) Membrane technology e.g. MF, UF, RO
The activities of the people in the team are in principle spread over all business groups and will cover various product categories. This means that a close cooperation exists with other R&D departments in Wageningen and collaboration with supply chain (CAPEX projects, technology implementation and factories) is crucial.
The cluster leader is responsible to streamline these processes and maintain close and good contacts with the stakeholders assuring that business needs are served in a professional manner and portfolios of projects in an Ingredients and IFT B2C setting are steered.
Regarding the department’s playing field, understanding the essential interactions between product properties and process conditions is crucial. We also are looking for someone with a drive towards sustainability.
FrieslandCampina is looking forward to build its leadership team in Process Technology. We do understand that the specific requirements are fairly demanding, so we ask candidates that recognize themselves in the overall profile are invited to react.
As a cluster leader, you are responsible for people management of 10 specialists with a capability focus.
This team has a scope from the more fundamental understanding of (new) process research to development and participates in and/or manages R&D and projects aiming at process innovation and knowledge valorisation, performance and sustainability improvement.
Next to that you’ll be a point of contact and portfolio manager for a number of the department’s customers.
Also, and depending on the workload and affinity, you will be active in roles such as technology expertise leader or project leader ‘in the field’.
• Academic degree in food technology, (bio-)chemical engineering, sustainable processing or physics.
• Mature in people management skills
• Minimally 7 years of experience with (process) innovation.
• Experience/affinity with process research and/or development
• Experience/affinity with the mentioned capability fields.
• Experience in project or programme management, CAPEX design or efficiency projects
• Competences: analytical, organizer, pro-active, entrepreneurial, result-oriented, team player
• Fluent in English. Dutch is an advantage.